Music as a Metaphor for Business
As well as providing enjoyment, music is a powerful metaphor for discussing business leadership, teamwork, creativity and personal development. For example; How does a conductor lead a symphony orchestra? How do jazz musicians innovate within a fast moving environment? Where do composers find the inspiration to create new music? These provocative questions use a non-business vocabulary to address business issues, and explore new ways of thinking about what it means to be a corporate player.
Dominic Alldis is a conductor and jazz musician, and has been speaking about music to business audiences for over 15 years. He illustrates is speeches with videos and an optional live performance by a jazz band or a symphony orchestra. He is represented by some of the world's leading speaker bureaus including London Speaker Bureau, Speakers Associates, Speakers Corner and Premiere Speakers (see Business Partners). He is an Honorary Associate of the Royal Academy of Music in London and a Steinway Artist.
WPP • Google • PwC • Accenture • EY • Booz Allen • Oracle • What If • Rolls Royce • Unilever • Siemens • Petronas • Nokia • EADS • GE • Diageo • ArjoHuntleigh • Danone • BBC • Canal+ • CA Technologies • L’Oreal • LVMH • Ferring • Pfizer • Abbott • Deutsche Bank • Credit Suisse • Barclays • Maybank • Egon Zehnder
Boards of Directors
• Central Bank of Malaysia (with Governor Dr Tan Sri Aziz, 2015)
• Maersk Oil (with CEO Jakob Thomason, 2013)
• Merck Serono (with CEO Stefan Oschmann, 2013)
• Groupe Bel (with CEO Antoine Fiévet, 2012)
• Sandoz Pharmaceuticals (with CEO Jeff George, 2011)
• Kingfisher (with CEO Sir Ian Cheshire, 2010)
• eBay (with CEO Meg Whitman, 2009)
• Morgan Stanley Bank (with CEO John Mack, 2009)
• Columbia Business School (NYC)
• CEDEP/INSEAD (Paris)
• London Business School • United Nations